More than 250 volunteers representing 36 workplaces, civic organizations, and churches came together on Friday May 11
to work on 36 service projects throughout Logan County on a single day.
CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL THE PICS FROM COMMUNITY CARE DAY!
A "picture perfect" day led to a ton of photos being posted on our Facebook page. Click here to see the photo gallery and more.
IF YOU CAME TO COMMUNITY CARE DAY, please complete this brief survey and provide feedback to make our volunteer event better next year.
Recapping the volunteers' efforts throughout Logan County...
- The picnic tables and shelterhouse in Village Park received a fresh coat of paint from the Logan County Braves.
- Richwood Banking Company worked on a painting project in the village parks.
- Teams from Choice Properties Real Estate and Vectren helped clear walking trails at Indian Lake State Park.
- RTC Industries is sent a team to do spring cleaning in the village offices and Fire Department.
- A dozen employees of the Logan County Electric Cooperative worked at Camp Wesley to help with a log cabin and a floating dock.
- The Bellefontaine Rotary Club packed 10,000 meals for Logan County seniors at the Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Sidewalk curbs throughout the Green Hills Community were painted by associates from NetGain to increase safety for residents and visitors.
- The gazebo in Hellen Woods Blue Park was painted by a team from Ag Resource Management.
- Discovery Riders received a team from Farm Credit Mid-America to help host a group of special needs clients for the day.
- Volunteers from Great Lakes Assemblies went to Kirkmont Center to paint a lodge.
- A team from the Logan County Sheriff's Office painted in the Zanesfield Cemetery.
- The Zanesfield Petanque Club will had painting and landscaping done by a team from RTC Industries.
- A team from Arby's did landscaping outside the Lutheran Community Services Thrift Store.
- Belletech associates prepared 2,000 Mental Health Screening packets for the Suicide Prevention Coalition that will be used for all 6th and 9th grade students in Logan County schools next fall.
- Bankers from Citizens Federal Savings & Loan landscaped outside the Hilliker YMCA.
- Volunteers representing Community Health & Wellness Partners did yardwork and painting for Shine FM.
- A team from COMSTOR did spring cleaning inside the Knowlton Library.
- Daido Metal USA sent a team to the Logan County Fairgrounds to do some painting and clean-up.
- Liberty National Bank helped Second Harvest Food Bank with a Mobile Food Truck Distribution in the Kroger parking lot.
- A team from Logan Acres worked on the planters in downtown Bellefontaine for the Shade Tree Commission.
- The management team from Mary Rutan Hospital worked in Mary Rutan Park, preparing the Hoffman Pool to open for the season and painting various buildings.
- A butterfly garden was planted outside Union Station by volunteers from the Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Services Board.
- NEX Transport sent a team to the Logan County History Center to help them clean and catalog artifacts currently in storage units.
- At YMCA Camp Willson, volunteers from SpartanNash constructed hideaway containers for trash cans.
- Thompson Dunlap & Heydinger sent a team to Shawnee Springs to do some landscaping.
- A construction project that includes building a trap door on the Holland Theatre stage was in store for those coming from Thomas & Marker Construction.
- Valeo sent volunteers to paint the hallways and waiting area at Consolidated Care.
- Volunteer drivers from AAA Ohio, Molina Health Care, and Transportation Research Center delivered meals-on-wheels to shut-ins for LifeCare Alliance.
- A team from Woodforest National Bank hung 211 posters throughout the county.
A special thanks to Angie and Friends at Shine FM for broadcasting their morning show LIVE from Community Care Day between 7:30 and 9:00 a.m.