Logan County’s signature corporate volunteer event, COMMUNITY CARE DAY, is back for a third year in 2018! Join hundreds of volunteers on Friday May 11 from area workplaces, schools, churches, and civic organizations and work on a meaningful group project that will make a difference in our community.
Hands-on opportunities for volunteers of all skill levels and interests are being organized in advance throughout Logan County for teams to select for completion. Whether you like to bake or build, plant or paint, get clean or get dirty, there will be a job for you on Community Care Day. Projects will take place at social service agencies and area parks. Volunteers will share the excitement, camaraderie, team-building, and good feelings that come with working together.
Group projects for teams of at least two to as many as 20 volunteers will be available. Service projects are proven to be strong team-building exercises that build camaraderie and help our community at the same time!
BEFORE FRIDAY APRIL 27...
- Complete and return the Volunteer Registration Form
- United Way will reach out to your Team Contact to begin coordinating one or more projects for you to complete on Friday May 11.
- By late-April, you will be able to select from a list of available projects one or more that matches your interest, skill set, and availability.
- By Wednesday May 2, you should know what, where, and with whom you will be working and what you may need to bring with you on May 11. Some projects may require volunteers to bring their own tools, such as ladders, hedge trimmers, hammers, gloves, etc.
ON FRIDAY MAY 11...
- 7:45 a.m. - Report to the Bellefontaine Regional Airport (3700 St. Rt. 47 W) to check-in. Complimentary breakfast will be provided. Each volunteer will receive a T-shirt to wear while working that day.
- 8:30 a.m. - Volunteers disperse throughout the county in groups of at least two, sometimes as large as 20, to complete the service projects. Projects have been coordinated in advance. Depending upon your selection, plan for projects to take between two to six hours to complete.
Agencies, parks, and municipalities: could you use some extra manpower on Friday May 11? We would like to assign volunteers to a task that would take between 3-6 hours to complete. We can send groups ranging from two to 20 volunteers. This is your chance to be creative and think big about an idea your organization hasn’t had time, manpower, or resources to complete. Possibilities include, spring cleaning, painting, moving, yard work, landscaping, sorting, “handyman” and small construction projects, "assembly-line" projects, literature distribution and poster hanging, even hands-on opportunities with your clients. Please send us your complete Project Request Form(s) as soon as possible to ensure consideration, but no later than MONDAY APRIL 16. For more information, contact us at 937-592-2886 or e-mail at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Corporate Sponsorship opportunities are available at the $1,000 and $250 levels. Click the link above for more details.