Logan County’s signature corporate volunteer event—COMMUNITY CARE DAY—is back for a sixth year in 2021! Join us on Friday August 27, as hundreds of volunteers from area workplaces, churches, and civic organizations will work on meaningful group projects and make a difference in our community.
Hands-on opportunities for volunteers of all skill levels and interests are being organized in advance throughout Logan County for teams to select for completion. Whether you like to bake or build, plant or paint, get clean or get dirty, there will be a job for you on Community Care Day. Projects will take place at social service agencies and area parks. Volunteers will share the excitement, camaraderie, team-building, and good feelings that come with working together. Service projects are proven to be strong team-building exercises that build camaraderie and help our community at the same time!
BEFORE FRIDAY AUGUST 13...
- Complete the online Volunteer Registration Form. (Click here to PRINT a form instead.)
- United Way will reach out to your Team Contact to begin coordinating one or more projects for you to complete on Friday August 27.
- By mid-August, you will be able to select from a list of available projects one or more that matches your interest, skill set, and availability.
- By Wednesday August 18, you should know what, where, and with whom you will be working and what you may need to bring with you on August 27. Some projects may require volunteers to bring their own tools, such as ladders, hedge trimmers, hammers, gloves, etc.
ON FRIDAY AUGUST 27...
- 8:00 a.m. - Report to the Logan County Fairgrounds (301 E. Lake Ave., Bellefontaine) to check-in for a launch event that will also serve as our 2021 United Way Campaign Kickoff. Complimentary breakfast will be provided. Each volunteer will receive a T-shirt to wear while working that day.
- Before 9:00 a.m. - Volunteers disperse throughout the county in groups of at least two, sometimes as large as 20, to complete the service projects. Projects have been coordinated in advance. Depending upon your selection, plan for projects to take between three to six hours to complete.
COULD YOUR AGENCY OR ANY OF THOSE YOU SERVE, USE THE HELP OF SOME VOLUNTEER MANPOWER?
We would like to assign volunteers to a task that would take between 4-6 hours to complete. We can send groups ranging from two to 20 volunteers. This is your chance to be creative and think big about an idea your organization hasn’t had time, manpower, or resources to complete. Possibilities include:
- Deep cleaning
- Yard work / landscaping
- “Handyman” and small construction projects
- “Assembly-Line” projects
- Hang posters / literature distribution
- Hands-on opportunities with your clients
Click HERE to complete an online Project Request Form. (Click here to print one.) You may submit more than one project request. Please send us your complete Project Request Form(s) as soon as possible to ensure consideration, but no later than FRIDAY JULY 30. I will then be in touch with you to see if it might be possible to coordinate the effort for Friday August 27. Give Dave Bezusko a call at 937-592-2886 or e-mail at email@example.com if you have any questions.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE!
Packages start at $250. Click here for more information.