Approximately 200 volunteers representing 27 workplaces, civic organizations, and churches came together on Friday August 28 to help us kick off our 2020 Campaign and work on pre-arranged service projects throughout Logan County. The predicted rains held out through the morning so that our 5th annual United Way Community Care Day, rescheduled from May, could take place.
Highlights included the following projects:
IN BELLE CENTER:
- Marker Construction installed a new playground at Murray Griffin Park.
- The team from the Logan County Electric Cooperative made improvements to the Logan County Homeless Shelter.
- The Bellefontaine Rotary Club refurbished picnic tables at Mary Rutan Park.
- Kiwanians and the Aktion Club painted at the Holland Theatre.
- The St. Vincent de Paul prepared breakfast for ALL Care Day volunteers!
- The Richwood Banking Company refurbished picnic tables in Southview Park.
- Spartan Nash volunteers worked a cleaning project at Discovery Riders Therapeutic Riding Center.
- Staff from Benjamin Logan Schools and volunteers from the Logan County Board of DD sorted and delivered school supplies, completing our annual Stuff the Bus project.
- Teams from Small Nation, Woodforest Bank, and Sertell Chiropractic Clinic hung posters for United Way.
- Teams from Ag Resource Management and Sloan Insurance sorted donations for the TCN New Directions Domestic Violence program.
- A team from Thermoid joined a team from WSI to work on landscaping and painting at the Hilliker YMCA.
- Citizens Federal Savings & Loan staff stuffed envelopes for a United Way mailing.
- Belletech associates did some painting and powerwashing for Our Daily Bread.
- Workers from the Logan County Annex Building delivered meals-on-wheels for LifeCare Alliance.
- A volunteer from NEX stained a deck for the Logan County Historical Society.
AT BENJAMIN LOGAN ELEMENTARY
- Volunteers from P. Allen Properties joined Benjamin Logan staff to install a new Gaga Ball pit at the playground just in time for the start of the new school year.
- A duo from Farm Credit Mid-America worked on trash pickup throughout the village.
- Volunteers from Choice Properties Real Estate and Daido Metal refurbished picnic tables at Indian Lake State Park.
- A team from the Logan County Family & Children First Council did some painting and cleaning at the Caring Kitchen homeless shelter that serves Logan County residents.
IN RUSSELLS POINT:
- Volunteers from Daido Metal did landscaping work for the Indian Lake Historical Society.
- The Logan County Sheriff's Office team painted dugouts at the ball diamond.
IN WEST LIBERTY:
- Thermoid teamed up with the Mental Health and Recovery Board to work a landscaping project at their West Liberty office.
- Youth volunteers and their supervisors from the First United Presbyterian Church of Bellefontaine worked spring cleaning and organizing projects in the Town Hall and the West Liberty Historical Society.
- Staff from Benjamin Logan Schools worked a painting project at Kirkmont Center.
- A team representing the Logan County Land Trust completed a project at Myeerah Nature Preserve.
- Staff also worked park clean-up projects for Jefferson Township and the Village of Zanesfield.
THANK YOU for choosing to LIVE UNITED by participating in Community Care Day 2020! We look forward to working with you again soon!