Women United is an affinity group of the United Way of Logan County Ohio
We know that there is a huge demand on your time and all of your resources. Sometimes making it through the day is all the success you can claim—and that should NEVER be minimized!
The common denominator of what seems to be missing is kindness, companionship and encouragement. We can all use a little more of these in our lives. Every. Single. Day.
With these thoughts in mind, this is the direction that we are steering Women United and we want you to be part of all the great things we have planned.
Women’s Wisdom Speaker Series is a once a month event that allows us to gather to learn our presenters story. This is an opportunity for women to share their dreams, their journey and the challenges that got them to today. Often bringing out the emotions, it's a time for us to relate with our similarities and for us to encourage each other in our own personal journey. Days and times vary based on the presenter, location and in hopes that we can make the Speaker Series available to many members.
What about those things that you have always wanted to learn to do, but just never took the time. We have paddle boarding, more pottery, cookie decorating, archery and more coming up. Something you want to try or learn? Let us know. Your suggestion may be the next event in the works!
Then take what you have learned a bit further and share what you learned, made or created with someone else. A shut-in, a struggling momma, an overworked friend, or someone that is just having challenges getting through the day. We reach out, we share what we can and we help make things a little brighter by showing we care.
We have incredible resources in our area. We have amazingly talented individuals. If we put our strengths together, we can make an impact that we are only beginning to imagine.
Want to be part of planning, outreach and our new approach? We would love to hear from you! . Share your thoughts, your ideas, your talent connection and let us know what you think of this vision for WU!
2023 WOMEN UNITED SCHEDULE
- Tuesday, August 15 5-7pm Women United Social at Roundhouse Depot Brewing Company with Kathy Troyer presenting for the Women's Wisdom Speaker Series. More Info Coming, but get it on your calendar now!
- Friday August 25 8am COMMUNITY CARE DAY! Join the Women United Team as we take on a Care Day project
- Friday August 25 11-3p Blood Drive at Union Station
- Tuesdays, September 5 and 19 from 6-8, Pumpkin making class at Cracked Pot Studio. $60 per person for WU Members, $70 per person for non WU Members. Space is very limited. Register here https://secure.givelively.org/donate/united-way-of-logan-county-inc/wom…
- Women's Wisdom Speaker Series with Roberta Yoder at Heaven's Dew at 6pm September 14
- Cookie Decorating with Rosie Cheeks Bakery Wednesday, October 4 at 5:30. $40 for members, $50 for non-members. Registration link to be posted soon
- Women's Wisdom Speaker Series at Open Road Renewables, on Wednesday October 18 beginning at 5:30p.
More details and more events to be announced soon!
We are expanding and need more volunteers! Can you help?!
We have paired up OVER 300 women and men volunteers to spend a half hour once a month with a third, fourth or fifth grade student for our Lunch Buddy outreach program, reaching 5 Logan County School Systems!
Overwhelming support from our volunteers has us sharing stories, laughs and of course, lunch 8 different lunch times a month!
Studies show that students who are paired with an additional adult role model or mentor, are 46% less likely to begin using drugs, 27% less likely to begin using alcohol, and 52% less likely to skip school. By simply engaging in conversation and playing games for a half hour a month, you'll help build values of self-esteem in girls and provide a positive impact.
Talk about a power lunch!
Interested in being a United Way Lunch Buddy for 2023-2024 or want more information about the program? We specifically need volunteers at West Liberty Salem Elementary to pair the entire third grade class!
E-mail email@example.com for more information or get registered at https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sv/Jy6hEY3/lunchbuddyregistration.