Refresh, Renew, Revisit.
There has been much discussion about Women United.
Our vision, our hopes, our needs and how it aligns with those of our community.
We know that there is a huge demand on your time and all of your resources. Sometimes making it through the day is all the success you can claim—and that should NEVER be minimized!
The common denominator of what seems to be missing is kindness, companionship and encouragement. We can all use a little more of these in our lives. Every. Single. Day.
With these thoughts in mind, this is the direction that we are steering Women United and we want you to be part of all the great things we have planned.
Women’s Wisdom. The speaker series will continue, but we are going to expand a bit. We will be joining Thelma Matthews at pottery. She will share her story, how pottery relates to her life, she will demonstrate her talent and she will show you why you want to be part of the upcoming Pottery Experience Class for Women United. Kayte Frost of Jacobs Motors has invited us to her business, Jacob’s Auto Repair to learn about car care, routine maintenance and the value of taking proper care of your vehicle. We will be hosting a Women’s self-defense course at Ohio Fitness. Join us as we learn a common-sense approach to your safety as well as introductory self-defense techniques that are suitable to every age and fitness level. We have other ideas and speakers in mind and we welcome suggestions.
What about those things that you have always wanted to learn to do, but just never took the time. Circle back to pottery with Thelma. What about learning to crochet? Maybe a cookie decorating class or baking/cooking class. Think about card making.
Then take what you have learned a bit further and share what you learned, made or created with someone else. A shut-in, a struggling momma, an overworked friend, or someone that is just having challenges getting through the day. We reach out, we share what we can and we help make things a little brighter by showing we care.
We have incredible resources in our area. We have amazingly talented individuals. If we put our strengths together, we can make an impact that we are only beginning to imagine.
Want to be part of planning, outreach and our new approach? We would love for you to join us! Women United meet the third Wednesday of each month at 4:00pm at Richwood Bank. Bring your thoughts, your ideas and your talented friends to share your ideas and let us know what you think of this vision for WU!
2023 WOMEN UNITED SCHEDULE
- Wednesday, March 8 - Speaker Series featuring Heather Maze-Smith - 12 Noon at Maze Hearing and Balance. Lunch Provided, Reservations Required.
- 2 Part Series, Tuesdays March 14 and 28. Learn & Laugh making pottery flowers with Thelma in Cracked Pot Studio. Reservations Required, $35 per person. Space is limited and attendance is needed at both classes.
- Wednesday, March 15 - Planning Committee Meeting - 4PM Richwood Bank - All Women United Members Welcome.
- ALSO, Wednesday, March 15, Women United is supporting the AAUW Organization by participating in the Trivia Bee. Spots are still available and you can join a WU team by messaging Melody@uwlogan.org. Spaces are limited.
- Saturday, March 25, Major Impact Dodgeball Tournament by Student United at Indian Lake High School. Teams needed. General Admission tickets available at the door or through the website uwlogan.org
- Friday, March 31, 6-8pm Women's Self Defense Class at Ohio Fitness and Martial Arts Center, 304 East Lake Ave. Bellefontaine. $35/per person. Space is limited. Reservations required.
- Saturday, April 15 Mystery Shopping Trip with Bus leaving Bellefontaine at 8:30 am and returning around 6:00 pm. Thrifting, Antiquing, Boutiquing, Eating and more! Something for everyone with lots of storage on the charter bus for all of your purchases! Space will be limited, so be sure to reserve your spots soon. Link posted below!
- Friday, April 21 12 Noon at Homegrown Yoga Downtown Bellefontaine for Speaker Series featuring Addy Passaro sharing her story. Lunch will be provided, reservations needed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, May 4 at Ohio Hi Point Career Center, Women United support Empty Bowls benefit for Second Harvest Food Bank. Each member will be responsible for their own ticket. We will plan to meet at 5:15 and eat togther.
Women United Speaker Series
with Heather Maze-Smith
12 NOON, Wednesday, March 8, at Maze Hearing and Balance
Join us Tuesdays, March 14 and 28 at Cracked Pot Studio in Union Station to create your own unique pottery garden flower. This is a 2-part series, and you will need to attend both sessions. Thelma will guide us in learning some basic hand build techniques and you will finish with a beautiful work of art!
$35 per person
Women's Introductory Self Protection Class
In cooperation with Ohio Fitness & Martial Arts Center
Friday, March 31 from 6-8pm
Open to the Public
This is an introductory self-protection class suitable for ages 12 and above and all fitness levels. You will discuss situational avoidance and then practice defensive techniques in an easily adaptable manner. This class is open to the public, membership not required. Anyone under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Click HERE to register.
Mystery Shopping Trip with Women United!
Think thrifting, antiquing, eating, boutiquing and MORE!
Join us on April 15th as we depart for a day of fun! We won't reveal where we are going, but we are confident that there is something for everyone!! The charter bus will pick you up and shuttle you to different destinations throughout the day.
Women United Membership is not required, but priority will be given to Women United Members as well as a discounted rate of $35.00/per person.
Non-member cost is $45.00 per person.
Mark your calendar for April 15 and make plans to join us!
Click HERE to register!
Women United Speaker Series
with Addy Passaro
12 NOON, Friday, April 21, at Homegrown Yoga
Join Women United in support of
Second Harvest Food Bank
On Thursday, May 4th. We will meet at Ohio Hi-Point Career Center to support Second Harvest Food Bank, the local food pantry which served over 876,00 meals in 2022 alone. We will each be responsible for our own ticket but will join together for chats and laughs!
off to a great start at Bellefontaine Intermediate School!