Logan County’s signature corporate volunteer event, Community Care Day, is back for a fourth year in 2019! Join us for Community Care Day on Friday May 10, as hundreds of volunteers from area workplaces, churches, and civic organizations will work on meaningful group projects and make a difference in our community.
Hands-on opportunities for volunteers of all skill levels and interests are being organized in advance throughout Logan County for teams to select for completion. Whether you like to bake or build, plant or paint, get clean or get dirty, there will be a job for you on Community Care Day. Projects will take place at social service agencies and area parks. Volunteers will share the excitement, camaraderie, team-building, and good feelings that come with working together.
BEFORE APRIL 26
- Complete the Volunteer Registration Form. Click here to complete it online OR click here for a printable form that you can complete and send in.
- United Way will reach out to your Team Contact to begin coordinating one or more projects for you to complete on Friday May 10.
- By late-April, you will be able to select from a list of available projects one or more that matches your interest, skill set, and availability.
- By Wednesday May 1, you should know what, where, and with whom you will be working and what you may need to bring with you on May 10. Some projects may require volunteers to bring their own tools, such as ladders, hedge trimmers, hammers, gloves, etc.
ON FRIDAY MAY 10
- 7:45 a.m. - Report to the Bellefontaine Regional Airport (3700 St. Rt. 47 W) to check-in. Complimentary breakfast will be provided. Each volunteer will receive a T-shirt to wear while working that day.
- 8:30 a.m. - Volunteers disperse throughout the county in groups of at least two, sometimes as large as 20, to complete the service projects. Projects have been coordinated in advance. Depending upon your selection, plan for projects to take between two to six hours to complete.