2019 United Way Funded Agency Application Information
United Way of Logan County is extending the opportunity for all social service agencies that serve Logan County to apply for status as a United Way Funded Agency and to receive allocations through 2019. All necessary allocation request forms and supporting documentation instructions are below. The deadline to submit all completed forms and attachments is FRIDAY OCTOBER 5, 2018.
ANY organization that serves Logan County, Ohio is eligible to potentially receive United Way funds. Your organization does NOT have to be a 501c3, so long as your proposal would advance the mission of United Way of Logan County. Areas of emphasis in United Way's Strategic Plan include:
- Reducing the negative impact of substance abuse in Logan County.
- Reducing poverty and increasing self-sufficiency in Logan County.
- Helping to strengthen and stabilize the local workforce.
Please submit fourteen (14) printed copies of all completed forms in the application packet listed below to our office address at: United Way, 130 S. Main St, Suite 109, Bellefontaine, Ohio, 43311. Applications must be received by Friday October 5, 2018.
The packet includes:
- Program Narrative Form - A separate form must be submitted for each program for which you are applying. Do not exceed four pages per program.
- Program Budget Form - There is no form linked here. You create and submit this document in a format of your choosing. This needs to include a line-by-line detail of your program budget, including the specific use of United Way dollars. A separate form must be submitted for each program for which you are applying.
- Budget Form 1 - to be completed as it pertains to your ENTIRE AGENCY. (Submit this form only once.)
- Budget Form 2 - to be completed as it pertains to your ENTIRE AGENCY. (Submit this form only once.)
- Counterterrorism Compliance Form (Submit this form only once.)
Remember that United Way support is to cover cost of programming, and cannot be sought for management, general, or fundraising functions. For reference, last year 44 programs of 28 different Funded Agencies received 2018 Allocations. The average program allocation was $14,729. The high was $55,000. The lowest was $1,000. For a complete list of 2018 Agency Allocations, please click here.
Upon receipt of your application, the United Way Allocations Committee will begin reviewing your documentation. We will contacted you to visit an Allocations Committee meeting in early November to present your case for funding and answer questions from the Allocations Committee. The Allocations Committee will make its funding recommendations to the full United Way Board of Trustees for it's November 27 meeting. You will be notified by November 30 as to the results of your funding request.
FOR AGENCIES SELECTED TO RECEIVING FUNDING
- Per the United Way Code of Regulations, all Funded Agencies receiving allocations in 2019 would sign and abide by the 2019 Agreement with Funded Agencies before receiving funds.
- NEW THIS YEAR, all agencies receiving $25,000 or more in United Way funding will be required to complete a Funded Program Report each quarter BEFORE receiving your next payment from United Way (beginning in April, 2019). All agencies receiving less than $25,000 will be asked to submit the form bi-annually (beginning in July, 2019) BEFORE receiving your next payment.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, please give us a call at (937) 592-2886. Thank you for all that you do for our community! We appreciate the opportunity to partner with you.